You see these two, cute faces? Well, they're staying home with a babysitter this evening to play together. Why? Because it's our 8th anniversary and we're going to dinner!!! There will be no crayons, kids menus or wrestling matches with keeping Reese in a highchair.
So, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TREY! Marrying him has been the biggest blessing and best decision I've ever made. He's my absolute best friend, an unbelievable dad and just really fun to be around all the time. Even though he may have a slight obsession with golf, I've got one with dogs.....so it all works out :). He is my favorite person.
On another note, thank you for all the kind words, e-mails, phone calls and cards I've received over the past week or two with the passing of my mom. It has been tough. I still feel like there's a heavy weight and hole in my heart, but getting back into a routine is starting to help. My mom was an incredibly gifted and loving person and I don't expect to feel healed anytime soon, but God bless my kids and husband....they keep me focused on what's important and well, the kids are a good distraction because I'm always being called on to help. A great, big thank you to Trey's aunt and uncle, Brett and Becky, because they took the girls on a moment's notice for five nights while we went to Kansas without hesitation. They are a huge blessing to us. The girls once again had a great time and since they've been back have been getting along REALLY well together, have been eating and have been super sweet. I still don't know what they do to them to make this happen, but I'm trying desperately to find out.
Since being home, life is getting back to normal. Jake's best friend is Reese....especially when she gives him Fruit Loops, Hailey still loves fudgesicles and I think we may actually have to brush Reese's hair someday soon....it's growing! And in one month....baby girl #3 is set to arrive and we are very excited. So, here's to a happy, healthy 2009!









1 comment:
Turkey Burger here. Did Trey sing any of his classic songs to you for your Anniversary? Also, I read your mom's obit... what an AMAZING woman. Our prayers are with you during this time. :)
Post a Comment