Insanity! Busy, crazy, insanity I tell you! Trey and I basically woke up, high fived each other and divided and conquered this day! I had a tennis practice (my team is going to Houston in a few weeks to try to qualify for the Indian Wells tournament....if that sounded like a foreign language, basically, we won our division in Dallas and are off to see if we can go to one of those tournaments where the reallllllly good tennis people go too.....and no, I would not be playing against any of them. Even though, while watching Nadal in the Australian Finals together, Hailey asked me if I could beat him.....sweet girl.....sweet, sweet girl). Trey ran errands. We collided and switched children. Discovered children had face painted themselves while I played tennis. Excellent.
Trey was off to an ice skating birthday party with Hailey. They skated together for two hours and he said it was such a fun time together! I was off with the little two to a princess birthday party for a friend of theirs!
There were two Belle Smiths.


Then there was Daddy-Daughter date night at our local Chick-fil-A. The restaurant hosted a special night where you had to have reservations for Dad's and daughters only. Pretty cool. Sit down dinner, flowers, the cow came to visit, all kinds of fun stuff.
This gave me time to escape to gather things for our soon-to-be three year old tomorrow.
I received this text from Trey while he was dining. It said, "Loudest table in Chick-fil-A? The Smiths. 2nd place.....the Sextons." I still laugh when I read that. Apparently, most families had only one daughter and Trey said they were all having peaceful meals one-on-one. Us? Not so much....we have lots of girls here. And, what's even funnier....the second loudest table belonged to our kids' closest friends....who also have three girls....the same age as ours. Oh, and the cow....Landry is PETRIFIED of it. I mean, eye-balls bulging, ear ringing screams, all while Landry climbs on top of your head to escape the bovine.
And since they've been home, there have been major emergencies. For example, Hailey's tongue hurts when she moves it certain ways. Landry cannot bear to sleep without Hailey tonight. Reese cannot sleep (really, she's a bigger night owl than me) and keeps asking me questions from all over the board.
However, we've survived. We made it. I cannot wait to sleep. And wake up tomorrow and celebrate Landry's birthday.
Happy weekend everyone!










No comments:
Post a Comment