There's a reason I have really tried to develop open communication with my children. We talk about the good, the bad, the ugly. I want them to know they can come to me even when it may not be what they want to do. I may not respond how they want, but I'll be there to listen. Of course, I'm thinking more about teenage years, but today applied. And I'm glad she came to me.
Conversation goes like this:
Hailey: Mom, guess what?
Me: What?
H: Ummm....well.....I had to go to the bathroom, so I went upstairs.
Me: Ok.
H: And.....ummmm....there was no toilet paper when I went.
Me: Oh, sorry I didn't know you were out.
H: That's ok, since there was no toilet paper, I just went ahead and used the towels to wipe.
Me: WHAT? Which towels?
H: The ones hanging up on the wall.
Me: Why don't you bring the towel downstairs to me, it needs to be washed (or chunked).
H: Which towel?
Me: Let's go ahead and bring BOTH of them.
Ahhhhh.....just another day.









No comments:
Post a Comment