Sunday, June 27, 2010

Where Have We Been?

I've been blog vacationing for a bit. Actually, we just completed the traveling phase of our summer, so now that we're home, hopefully I'll catch up on everything! After Disney World, we made a trip up to Kansas to get Landry. We came home and a few days later, I was off again....with NO children.

My great tennis friend, Ruth, asked me to play in a tennis tournament at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, CO. At first, I said, "no." Then she asked again and I said, "no way. Can't leave Landry again....I never do that and I already am feeling guilty." Then, Trey stepped in and said I should go. So....I said that there was only one way that I'd do it, guilt-free. And that would be if Granny (Trey's mom) could come to town to watch the girls while I was gone. Why Granny? Because, if Granny's here, my children do not even notice if I'm gone. They just adore her and she is so wonderful with them. So, I e-mailed Granny and she immediately responded, "YES!" So....what's a mom to do? I was OFF TO COLORADO!

It was awesome, beautiful, relaxing, full of laughs, tennis packed and a quick two days. The tournament was Rally for the Cure, so it honored breast cancer. Breast cancer has hit way too close to this Smith family with my mother, and also Trey's mom.....not to mention other family members. I do not like to talk about breast cancer too often because it's....well, it's just plain hard for me. I have a very difficult time with it. But this was the perfect way for me to support the cause and do something positive too. And it just so happens, that my partner and I won our level in the tourney, we got to drill with a former pro/current tennis commentator, Murphy Jensen, and I got to play on clay courts for the first time in my life (this tournament took place during the same time as the French Open, which is also played on clay, so I just pretended that there was some kind of connection there :). Here's Ruth and I after the tourney in our pink and white outfits (this will be the only time you EVER see me, or Ruth, match outfits....I'm not that kind of girl....).
How'd you like to see THIS every morning from your back porch? This is Pike's Peak and I took this from the house we were staying at. This is literally, the family's house view. Breathtaking.
And I made it home safe and sound. And Hailey and Reese played so much with Granny that they didn't care I was gone. Landry, on the other hand, let me know that I was on strike 2. Strike 1 was Disney and after this, I was on my last leg. She kept screaching so I'd look at her in the car, and when I would, she'd turn her head the other way to let me know she wasn't having this from me anymore. Luckily, her attention span is so short that by the time the car got home, she forgot that she was mad.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations