My sweet Landry apparently stood up in her high chair and took a nasty fall onto the tile. Don't worry, the guilt of me leaving the room immediately set in....I should have known better. By the time I got to her to scoop her up, she was a limp noodle and was out of it. She came to seconds later, but was in another world....limp, weak, a bit pale, eyes glazed over, whimpering, not focusing....it was awful. Trey walked in the door and looked at her and we quickly realized we needed to get her checked out. She kept trying to fall asleep in the car and was just staring off into space. I wanted to puke. The place we went to immediately saw her and sent us to an ER for her to have a CT scan because the Dr. said she looked completely out of it. They called the ER to inform them we were on our way. Again....awful.
We got to the ER....she kept trying to sleep the entire way there....but about 20 minutes later, she looked at Trey and smiled (sigh) and then said a word (double sigh). She then sat up rather than just being melted to us and started to come around. She ended up being fine, just got her bell rung pretty good.
It topped my list for scariest mom moment yet....and I don't like to add events to that list. So, here's hoping for 1 scary day in June and 29 relaxing ones :).









6 comments:
You did good. If only raising children was easy...it never has been. I'm proud you took the right precautionary steps.
Katie, Seriously just reading that blog entry just made me want to cry for you. I am sure you were terrified! So glad all is well with Landry. Ryan is doing the same thing in his highchair - sigh!
Allison
Omg...so glad she is okay, and I'm glad you are okay, too. Hope the rest of the summer is a breeze!
Glad to hear all is well. I hope the rest of June is smooth sailing for all of you!!
We had a similar scary moment when Adelyn went face first off the dinner chair - and we saw it happen - just too fast! She was fine as well, but it does certainly make your heart stop... Glad to hear she is o.k. :)
Katie!! How scary! I am glad that she's ok!
Post a Comment