It's official. We're those people. The people that go to Disney World multiple times and have no shame.
Trey and I decided to surprise the girls (minus Landry....she went and got TONS of one-on-one attention with Brett, Becky, Kelsey and Christian. She had so much fun with them, she had no idea where we were :). Now, Hailey and Reese talk about Disney World at least twice a week. Hailey has written about how much she loves it in her school journal. So, we planned another trip and kept it a secret until just before we had to leave for the airport. We videotaped telling them and I'll have to put it up here sometime soon. Needless to say, they were thrilled (and Trey and I were just as excited to be honest).
We happened to go during the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. Fantastic.
There were topiaries EVERYWHERE! Why, hello Daisy!

There was also a huge butterfly house you could walk through. The girls requested to go two times!




And, while at Epcot, we dined in Mexico!
Had fish and chips in England and watched some street performers.

And the girls climbed all over a playground built for the festival.



It was incredibly stressful for me and Hailey to watch Reese and Trey...


And, while at Epcot, we even ran into one cute couple...

Hailey has already announced she wants to be Rapunzel for Halloween and Reese kept asking about Flynn Rider's satchel. And Trey and I kept laughing every time Reese said, "sashel."
Reese's favorite ride, hands down, is Nemo at Epcot. She and Hailey found Bruce, who still believes that fish are friends, not food.
We also spent a good amount of time at Magic Kingdom. We had to....Reese's castle is there. And, yes, she still believes it is HER castle.

And Hailey showed off her hula hoop skills. For one petite chick, she can sure hula better than anyone I know!!!

We had lots of food.....let me state the obvious....I...LOVE....DESSERT (especially when on vacation). And, it's official, ice cream tastes even better when it has Mickey ears on it.








And a night parade.


We played hard...


Our girls couldn't get enough of "It's A Small World." And, actually, Trey and I enjoyed it too each time. I think that's the official sign that we're old.


Our girls couldn't get enough of "It's A Small World." And, actually, Trey and I enjoyed it too each time. I think that's the official sign that we're old.

Slept harder...

Enjoyed some fun in the sun...

And we even dined at 1900 Fare at the Grand Floridian, which meant we talked to...
Lady Tremaine

As you can see, she's still pretty upset about life in general.
And Anastasia, well, she wasn't too happy for Cinderella's fairytale ending, but she loved attention.

Drizella sang for us. Let's just say she isn't going to be on American Idol anytime soon.


Wanna know who Reese found to be dreamy?? Yep, she said, "I like that Prince!" She told him all about her castle (as in, talked his ear off) and he replied, "you know, YOUR castle sounds A LOT like the place I live in!"

And Cinderella herself.

But without a doubt, the best part of the trip was the time we got to spend together as a family. We relaxed, swam, walked all over the place, took in some educational videos, rode a lot of rides, ate, laughed and took advantage of our time away from the real world.






And on our flight home, we discovered that our neighbor was our PILOT! He let us sit in the cockpit of the plane (how anyone can work all those buttons, I will never know).

And, we all lived happily ever after. The End.
And, we all lived happily ever after. The End.
Wait, did I mention that we took the kids on Tower of Terror? Note to all parents out there: just because your children may meet the height requirement for a ride does NOT mean you should tell your children that they will love it, nor should you take them on it....especially when you "parents" end up screaming louder than the 3 and 6 year old. Lesson learned :).












2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! I think next summer the Smith's need to try out Disneyland! (wink, wink). I know a place where you can stay that's really cheap!
Welcome to the club!
Post a Comment