The Dog Situation

Trey and I had a few "rules" about our future dog.
1. No rescue dog. Rocky was the sweetest thing ever, but he came with some isssssues.
2. We wanted a boy.
3. We did not want a "project" dog (refer back to number 1).
4. We were going to wait until all children were potty trained.
5. Oh, we wanted to get a puppy again since we had such a good experience with Jake.
Here's what happened.
1. I went on the golden retriever rescue site.
2. I found a girl.
3. She was not a puppy. And Landry....not entirely potty trained.
4. I made one tiny little inquiry about her.....just to check her out. Next thing we know, she came over and ended up staying for a trial run. And, she was unbelievably sweet and 99% potty trained.
5. After 24 hours, we discovered something was up. It was. She's completely deaf in one ear and partially deaf in another. Trey referred me to item #3 above. I did not listen (no pun intended). I have a problem with letting go of dogs once I see them. And really, this place is loud. Is it really a bad thing to be deaf in our house?
6. After a week and a half, I came to my senses and realized that trying to be in charge of three kids and trying to teach a dog, who...when you call her can't hear you and is very confused due to the loud noises in this place, wasn't working. I was very sad.
7. Happy ending alert!!!! Trey's aunt, uncle and cousins, the Brett and Becky fam, had been on a hunt for a new addition to their house. Their kids are older (as in, they don't need their mother to fix them every meal, go to the bathroom with them EVERY time they go, fix their ponytails over and over and over again....point made). They met the sweet puppy and fell in love. AND, they already have a dog with a hearing issue too. AND, they have a pool (goldens love pools). AND, they are just an awesome family. So, the doggie went to live with them and we still get to see her!!! Happy ending for the new dog, Hope!!! I am certain she is much happier where she is and all ended well!
Here's what else is going on:
1. Landry....makes the funniest face when she pretends she's going to box with me.
2. Landry now calls me Katie. Again, hysterical.
3. Reese is signed up for soccer in the fall and Trey has signed up to coach her. Reese now asks every single day if today is the day that she gets to play. She watched the World Cup on TV and asked me if she could go play with those girls too. I think this girl is going to like sports.
4. Hailey has decided she's going to be a fortune teller rather than a rock star. The work is more stable (I just made this sentence up, not the fortune teller part).
5. Trey is loving his job right now and I am so super happy because he's awesome.
6. My friend, Alicia, has corrupted me. She sent me all these fun home design blogs and introduced me to pinterest. If you like home design and dreaming of stuff you like, well....I hope you have a friend like Alicia who provides you with info that doesn't help in keeping your house clean (not true, many articles on cute ways to organize the house), but does provide a great outlet for exploring.
7. Actually, I've been organizing A LOT this summer. In fact, I finally went through my drawer that had too many plastic bags I've collected from the grocery store. It smelled kinda funny in there. Found out why. There was a hamburger shoved into one of the bags in the back. I'm guessing that's been in there at least 2 years. This proves I have a bad sense of smell and that I need to organize drawers more often. DISGUSTING.
8. The girls have gotten to hang with their Granni a few times this summer and they've loved it, as always! And, they'll get to one more time this summer because Trey and I are going to take a little 10 year anniversary trip towards the end of the month. I....cannot.....wait!
About it. That wasn't so short and sweet. And now, I'll post some late pics of Reesie's birthday!









No comments:
Post a Comment