Tuesday, December 20, 2011

NEW YORK!!!

I think...I just might be....finally....somewhat....kind of.....caught up on life!! WHAT???? Therefore it's time for my long, overdue post on my trip to New York City with my dad!

My dad asked me to go with him on a trip to the Big Apple with Wichita Music Theatre. We were there from a Wednesday until Sunday and saw 5 shows in 3 days! Growing up, I was not the biggest fan of watching musicals, so I was wondering what I would think of seeing so many....the shows were AMAZING!!! As in....holy-moly-those-people-are-unbelievably-talented good. They were each so different from each other, some entertaining, some powerful, some upbeat and funny, and one was pretty heavy. I'd spent a day in NYC before, but have never had the chance to experience the city in this way with a tour guide. And we had reservations at some wonderful restaurants too. Here are some pics I took!

Dad found Fox! I meant to send this to my brother, Chip, who looooves politics!
The drive by pic of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Plaza. Shhh....don't tell Hailey that Justin Bieber (or Beaver as she still says) was there and I did not attend the concert.
First Broadway play...Anything Goes. Loved it!
I couldn't help myself. Picture of parking rates in NYC. Are you JOKING ME?
World Trade Center memorial. Beautiful.
The Rockettes! Our seats were in the first balcony, 1st row and center. Spectacular! Those ladies can dance.
Chandelier in Radio Music Hall.
Picture of me and Dad outside of Lincoln Center. Thanks for inviting me Dad!

And....I cannot give enough thanks to Trey's mom, Granni. Rhonda came to the rescue when I went to Guatemala and Granni was so kind to take off of work and come keep the house running while I was in NYC. Truthfully, I felt spoiled. I got to go and travel and I came home to happy children, a clean house, no laundry, Granni even decorated my Christmas tree for me with the girls (we had started it but didn't have a chance to finish) and she put up decorations around the house!!! So thank you, thank you, thank you for your help!!! I am blessed to have a mother-in-law who loves to be around her granddaughters and who has granddaughters that are CRAZY about her! We love you!

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations