There is one big rule about Jingle. YOU CANNOT TOUCH HER. If you do, she might lose her magic power. This....is....a....big....deal.
So, a few days ago, after the girls found Jingle we had a conversation that went like this...
Hailey: I FOUND JINGLE!!! LANDRY, BACK AWAY FROM JINGLE....DO NOT TOUCH HER!!!
Landry: O-tay Hay-wee. Ummmm....I touched Jingle yesterday.
Hailey: NO YOU DIDN'T!!! YOU BETTER NOT HAVE BECAUSE IT'S A RULE AND SHE CAN LOSE HER MAGIC!
Me: Landry, did you really touch Jingle?
Landry: yup.
(Reese slowly raises her hand while listening)
Me: Yes, Reese?
Reese: Ummm....I've touched Jingle too.
Hailey: OH MY GOSH!!!! REESE!!!!!!
Me: (trying not to crack a smile) Reese, you did not. When did you touch her?
Reese: Yes I did. Remember when she hid in that purse one day? I went and touched her.
Me: Why?
Reese: I don't know. I felt like it.
Landry: Uh-huh....I felt like it.
Hailey: (mortified)
This totally sums up our house. God bless Hailey and her rule abiding ways. It never even occurred to her to touch that elf. And Landry is too honest to hide anything. And Reese....well, she just can't help herself. She's our "wet paint" girl. You can tell her there's wet paint and not to sit in it, but good or bad consequences, she's gotta try it for herself.
This means I'm covered until Hailey graduates. She will report to me. After she leaves....heaven help me. Actually, heaven help me when Reese starts kinder in a year and a half.
Hailey's ending comment after a few minutes to our convo: I sure wish I could touch Jingle. I bet if I did, she'd feel so soft and cushy....like a big pillow (said with dreamy eyes).
And as I type, the girls are in bed, waiting for Santa to come. Hailey has come downstairs twice now, completely stressed out because Reese isn't settling down and going to sleep and Hailey really wants to sleep so Santa can come. When I went to talk to Reese, there is not an ounce of stress in her nor does she feel the need to go to bed. However, she did want to make a stuffed animal trade with Hailey and promised to go to sleep if Hailey would let her have the animal she wanted. It never ends....
Three girls, three totally different personalities. All....fantastic.









1 comment:
I love this, thanks for sharing! I was totally like Hailey as a kid...always follwed the rules and it made me crazy when others didn't. Well, I guess I'm still kind of like that...but I bend the rules from time to time. :)
Post a Comment