I'm so late on this post. Why do I feel like I never type, "I'm so fast at posting."? Oh, because I never do. Life. It's been whacky busy, but in a good way!
Anyways, we went to San Antonio for a week over Christmas break. Granni.....rocks. It was honestly one of the easiest weeks I've had since having children. I slept in....Trey and I got a little time away....the girls had so much fun. I left San Antonio feeling really rested and I felt alive. I swear, it is amazing what sleep can do for the soul. Plus, I am a total night owl by nature and I've combined that with some sleeping issues over the past months/years and I just got used to functioning with my eyes 3/4 open. So, I'm BACK BABY! And it feels so refreshing.
Here's just SOME of the things that took place while we were there!
There were multiple game nights. Let me just say that I was accused of being highly competitive. Please observe picture below. It isn't just me folks. :)
This duo right here....might cause some problems in the upcoming years together. They've got one special bond and they share a competitive gene.
The girls got to hang out with Trey's cousins. My...girls....love....this.
There was some dancing on the Wii.

Some special time with Granni. What a gift she is for our girlies.


Some special time with Granni. What a gift she is for our girlies.
Some NYE celebrating...CHEERS!


Granni took the girls to have a special tea party with Trey's grandmother, "E."
And they went on some rides too at some point. See....our girls think that if you look up the word San Antonio in the dictionary it means, "one large party."

And we even went to the family river house. Trey caught his first fish while he was fly-fishing. The girls did some fishing of their own. The cutest part (did I just type "cute" when referring to fishing?) of Trey catching his first fish was that Granni was by the bank watching him. He stood out there for a few hours in the river casting and she just pulled up a chair and patiently watched him from the shore. I smiled when I observed her doing this.....it's so true.....mom's love their babies at 3 and at 34. She got this picture of him (I was in the house "helping" the girls nap).


At one point, Trey was fly fishing, the girls were with Granni in San Antonio and I was left to myself at the river house. I was forced to sit on a couch....with no noise....and read books....and fall asleep....and wake up and start reading again until the fall asleep cycle took over again. Trey came up to check on me and said, "Are you just so bored and wanting to leave?"
At one point, Trey was fly fishing, the girls were with Granni in San Antonio and I was left to myself at the river house. I was forced to sit on a couch....with no noise....and read books....and fall asleep....and wake up and start reading again until the fall asleep cycle took over again. Trey came up to check on me and said, "Are you just so bored and wanting to leave?"
I replied with, "this.....my dear husband.....is heaven."
Hope you all had a relaxing holiday too!









No comments:
Post a Comment