Once a year, my husband has realized that there is no escaping a family photo shoot. In fact, it's actually quite fun (he would even admit that if it wouldn't require him losing his Man Card) because one of our friends is such a talented photographer and working with her is easy and laid back. We took our annual family photos this past fall. So, when I said to him, "Hey, Laura is offering a mini photo shoot for Valentine's Day," he ASSUMED it was going to involve him. WRONG!!! When I told him that it wouldn't involve him, but the kids and his mother, he was ALL FOR IT! Then I asked the girls what they thought, and they were ALL FOR IT! So, there was only one person left to ask...
I know I've posted about her before, but we are very thankful for Granni and the role she plays in our girls' lives. They adore her and absolutely love spending time with her. Plus, Granni is really gifted in the areas I am not....like....creativity, art projects, tea parties, trips to Chuck E. Cheese, sewing, buying girlie headbands and accessories, wrapping presents in the most elaborate way, and many more things I'm forgetting. I used to wonder if I should fake trying to be good at these things with my kids and then I realized that Granni was a natural and WAY better than me, so we compliment each other well and make a good team! She has also provided Trey and I with the ability to take time off together, which is just priceless. So, for Valentine's Day, we asked her if she'd be interested in taking some photos with her three little grandgirlies and she said yes!!
I think they turned out super-dee-dooper fantastic! I can't wait to show the girls in the morning. They will be thrilled!!
So, Happy (early) Valentine's Day to Granni from all your girls and that lovely first born boy of yours! We love you!











No comments:
Post a Comment