Monday, July 2, 2012

Reese is FIVE!!!!

I remember the day she was born.  She had the easiest birth of our three girls.  In fact, Trey loves to tell the story of how about five minutes after she was born, I looked at him and said we weren't done having kids yet (he looked at me like I was insane...and I was, sort of, I was on drugs) because it was such a wonderful day.  Part of it was being a second time parent.  The fear of the unknown was gone and the joy of adding a another precious girl was overwhelming.  I also remember Trey holding her and saying that he had a feeling she would be a daddy's girl....whoa, he was dead on with that.

She is spunky, independent, sensitive, a huge animal lover, determined, gives out the most kisses and hugs in our family, can push her sisters' (and parents') buttons like no other, and is so full of energy and life.  She still has the hardest time of our three kids falling asleep at night because it requires her to STOP moving.  What a blessing she is.  She stole her father's heart five years ago and they have a unique bond.  

We let her choose what she wanted for her birthday this year.  She decided to have a party at her gymnastics, so she and her friends could play, play, play!

Granni helped us out too!  Granni is the creative guru so I asked if she would help put some sort of thank you tag on the water bottles the kids received as party favors.  She went above and beyond.  Aren't they so cute?! 
Girls and their Granni!
The birthday girl!  She informed me that we could refer to her as "Birthday Girl" instead of Reese.
Her Rapunzel cake.  When asked if she wanted chocolate or white (it was 1/2 and 1/2), she said, "I just want a big piece with her HAIR!"
Family shot!
Practicing her gymastics!
LuLu loves the foam pit!
Heck, everyone does.
A few girls getting their dance on!

Parachute time!

Blowing out the candles!
When she walked out of the party, she looked at us and said, "Well.....my party is over.  NOW I'M FIVE!  I take up a whole hand!"

Happy birthday baby girl.

1 comment:

Laura Hodson said...

I can't believe she's five!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations