Monday, July 30, 2012

Camp Ozark

Oh my goodness....what a whirlwind of a two weeks.  Hailey and I came home yesterday to this sign...
It was made by Granni and Reese and Landry.  Let's just start with Granni.  I am so thankful to her for volunteering to come up and take care of my two babies for TWO WEEKS.  I had never been away from them for that long, nor had Trey and I been apart for that long.  Granni is AWESOME.  The girls had so much fun with her and she was so kind to clean the house so I would come home to no stress.  And, she makes the coolest signs!  THANK YOU GRANNI!!!

Camp Ozark is the place where Trey and I met, fell in love, and got engaged.  We also made many special friendships there that have lasted through the years.  When we think of our favorite places on earth....Ozark is towards the top.  Visiting there is good for my soul.  It is a place where I am able to gain perspective on life.  

I had the opportunity to serve as a Camp Mom while Hailey got to experience her first year as a camper.  She did not know any other kids when she arrived, but now has friends from various states and cities!  I have been playing mom for 7 1/2 years and haven't been in a "work" environment, but I had THE BEST time too.  I was able to interact and socialize with counselors, parents and kids.  I sure missed my babies and Trey, but absolutely loved being a part of the camp world again.  
Hailey's cabin.
Watersliding!

Some of her new friends!

She took Horsemanship and learned to ride by herself!

Wanna know where to find Hailey during Mish Mash (aka free time)?  Well, look no further than the craft shed where she painted, got feathers in her hair, created stuffed animals, made a skateboard and candle among other things....  She was a busy girl there.




Her other favorite place at camp...the ropes course.  I was BEYOND impressed with her.  She went down the zipline multiple times, climbed a big ladder to jump off of the Super Swing (no fear whatsoever) and climbed a 30 ft pole, stood on top of it and jumped without even flinching.  She may be bitty, but her confidence is mighty and that makes us so proud.

This is her on opening night being inducted into camp's Osage tribe.  Trey is Osage.  I am Caddo.  We left her fate up to chance.  We found out opening day that she would be an Osage.  I now wish I would've rigged her tribal assignment when I got there because it still burns me that I'm going to be the only Caddo in the family.  Trey and I made a previous agreement that all three kids will be in the same tribe to avoid fighting among the siblings.  I'm also rethinking that agreement.  In fact, I'm wondering if Trey did some behind the scenes work to get her to be on that tribe.....

Basically, Osage and Caddo compete against each other every day of camp to see which tribe will win the session and ultimately the summer.  It's a big deal.  It really stinks that I lost this one.

Playing in the bubble machine at the special event Water World.

One of her counselors who is FANTASTIC!!!

Hailey showing me all the goodies she made during Mish Mash.  She and I had to have a heart to heart on spending money at the craft shed.  I think she tried to set a record for the first two days...

Granni helped the girlies write Mommy at camp.  LOVED getting these.

There she is on the ropes course!


During Ultimate Solution (the ginormous relay race to decide which tribe wins the session), Hailey did a great job at her kickball station!
When we left, I asked her what she learned at camp.  Her response, "Well, I learned that God is ALWAYS with us and He will NEVER leave us no matter what."  First year at camp....TOTAL SUCCESS!

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations