
A few notes from the past 24 hours.
1. Hailey is sleeping on a comfy pallet in our room (she told me tonight she thinks she's moving in with me and Trey....uhhhh...not happening). When I gave her clothes to change into yesterday (a big t-shirt), she got upset that I didn't bring a matching skirt to wear with it. I said, "Hailey, you're burning hot and you're laying under covers." She said, "I know, but I always like to wear skirts." You can put a virus in a girl, but you can't remove the princess. Some things never change.
2. Hailey HATES the taste of her medicine. It takes like (and I quote), "blood and dirt." Mmmmmmm...
3. Trey has already taken a Nyquil cold/flu pill tonight because he swears he can feel the flu coming on and he's just sure he's going to get it. I didn't mean to laugh at him, but I might have. However, he has yet to get his seasonal flu shot, which I got for myself and the girls weeks ago. Men vs. women....there's a difference. On the other hand, I find myself not washing my own hands enough and probably getting too close to Hailey and if I go down with this....not good for the Monday-Friday functioning of the house when Trey has to be at work. He might get the last laugh on this one.
4. Landry is getting all four of her top front teeth in, all at the same time. There has been lots of neediness here.
5. Reese continues to be her full-of-energy self. Today she took the cleaner that I had left in the bathroom (it was a non-toxic one) and sprayed it ALLLLLLL over the bathroom after I had cleaned it....on the cabinets, the floor, the walls, the doors....and when I was vacuuming, she tried to play jump rope with the cord. And when I was dusting, she kept asking me to spray her with the Endust...I did laugh at that. And let me make sure to mention that Hailey began screaming for me today when I was vacuuming. I didn't hear it until I shut off the machine and went running into the bedroom to find that Reese had taken off her own shirt and was holding her shirt in her hand, was standing over Hailey and moving her arm in a large circle, like a windmill and was smacking Hailey with it everytime her arm came around. Hailey was still pretty weak at this point and just sat there and cried and screamed. Ahhhh....siblings.
6. And me....well, Trey came home tonight and relieved me from Swinefluville and I got to go play a make-up tennis match. I succeeded in hitting a baseline overhead directly into the back of my partner's head....really, really, hard. I'm blaming the Swine Flu for that too.
Stay tuned....
-- Post From My iPhone









No comments:
Post a Comment