There are certain feelings built-in to motherhood. One of them...I'm fighting right now. It's the instinct where you feel sick when you have to leave the kids. I always get this way if Trey and I are going to get away for a few days together. It's that awful feeling in my gut that won't go away. The feeling that wonders if the kids are going to be okay, if I'm going to be okay. I start to wonder if I should go. Is it worth it? What if something happens? Fear. That's what it is. I know I have to live life and I can't give up fun opportunities out of fear, but goodness, it feels just sickening.
This weekend will be the first time that I'm going away without any children or a husband. When I say the first time....I mean the first time in over 5 years. Yep, since Hailey has been born, I've never been away from both the kids and Trey. Nothing intentional...I just haven't ever done it. Kind of crazy when I think about it. I have the opportunity to go to Corpus Christi because my mixed doubles tennis team qualified for sectionals. It'll be great fun. I know it will. I'll get to play lots of tennis. I cannot think of anything else I'd rather be doing if I'm away from the family. It's just that feeling.....ughhh!!! However, I'm going....and I hope to report great news when I return!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment