Thursday, February 4, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANDRY!

Oh my gosh! What? It's my what?
It's my birthday?
Here, let me give you a birthday smile!
And another while we're at it...I'm saying, "Cheese!" in this one.

So, tonight was Landry's birthday dinner at the Smith house. I cannot believe my baby is ONE (tomorrow officially). For the big meal, we had baked ziti, salad, garlic bread, green beans, and apples. And, we wore birthday hats and had blowers for the big event. Hailey and Reese were so excited to help celebrate, especially once the hats came out. We went around the table and all of us took a turn saying why we love Landry.
Then we got her cake out. I think it was bigger than her head. Hailey and Reese decided on the frosting color....pink was the overwhelming choice.
She licked some of the frosting, but we could tell she was wanting help. So, we all grabbed a fork and dug in together! Here's what's left.
Hailey helped her open presents and Reese showed her how to play with one of them!


Landry has been just pure joy for me over the last year. I've said it before on here, but she really has been the biggest blessing. When I found out I was pregnant with her, not only was Reese only 10 1/2 months old, but my mom's cancer had metasticized and we knew that we had a limited amount of time left with her. I knew how much my mom adored my kids. I knew that she would want to be there for me with another new baby, just like she was with Hailey and Reese. And I knew that most likely, she was not going to be here to see her be born and to hold her. So the thought of telling my mom about the baby was difficult for me because I felt a bit broken hearted. However, from the moment we found out about the pregnancy, Trey immediately said that he believed the baby was going to end up being the biggest gift for us. He was right.

Landry was born just 5 short weeks after my mom died. She has been a constant reminder to me of just how great life can be....even after experiencing such grief. I've spent the last year trying to soak up all of the sweet baby moments, knowing that she's going to be our last. It hasn't been hard to do. Sure, there are moments of sheer craziness here, but Landry's personality is so happy, so good natured, so loving, so beautiful. Her laugh makes all of us crack up because it's so genuine. She has been a gift. I thank God for her. And for His timing. He can see so clearly in times when we cannot. He is so good. Happy birthday baby girl. We love you so much!

5 comments:

Uncle Chris said...

What a little Angel - Happy Birthday Landry!!!!!

Laura Hodson said...

Happy Birthday Landry!

Julie said...

Katie, I didn't know about your mom. What a blessing Landry is for y'all. Thanks for sharing and saying a prayer for you during this time.

Bonney said...

That is a huge cupcake!!
Happy Birthday to Miss Landry. She is a precious gift. Your mom is smiling down from heaven on her and your family everyday! God is good.

Angie said...

Great post...and I love the pictures of her "cheesing". So cute! Happy late birthday Landry!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations