I cannot believe the winter we've had here. It has felt like a Kansas winter from my childhood! We got a huge amount of snow in a storm a few weeks ago....I heard 9 inches and even 12 inches. The best part about the snow though, was that it wasn't windy and it just kept coming down all day long. Therefore, the girls and Trey had a great time playing in it! The one problem we had was.....we don't really have "snow gear." The girls shoes aren't so waterproof either. So, I put plastic bags over their socks and the bottom parts of their jeans to help with wetness issue. Hailey, Reese and Trey played outside for a LOOOONG time and even built a snowman. You know who loved the snow the most though? My Jakey. He thought he was in golden retriever heaven.
Working hard:
Hardly working:
Loving life:
The finished product:
A note about Mr. Snowman. I didn't have a lot of items on hand to make his face, so we used M&M's. Mr. Snowman's face did not make it to midnight of this day. Apparently, golden retrievers don't care if M&M's are meant to be eyes, they just want to eat anything they can. So when I let Jakey out for his last nightly duty call, I heard a small thud. Yep, he ran, he jumped, and he successfully knocked the head off....and ate chocolate (which isn't great for him anyways....he did not care).
Oh, and Hailey tried snow and liked it. However, if you ask her about it, she will tell you that she made sure NOT to eat....yellow snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment