Wednesday, September 15, 2010

And I Quote...

Reese's teacher's note on her third day of preschool, "We are working on using "happy words!" Loved saying no today."

My reaction to the teacher, {big sigh} "Well, we will definitely talk to her about this and continue working on this at home. However, does it sound bad that I was surprised that it took this long to get this note?"
The thing is....she's so stubborn, but she's also very funny and sweet. As we left yesterday and she saw some of her classmates, she yelled and waved, "See you later guys!" And, if you ask her about using her happy words in preschool, she will look at you and immediately change the subject (because she knows she wasn't being nice). So when I asked her yesterday about not using happy words, she looked me dead in the eye and said, "Hey Mom! Ummm....LOOK! I fink there's a moobie on!"

So when Trey got home last night and we all sat down to dinner, she was just being....well, irritable. Before he even got a chance to talk to her about it, he told her that if she wasn't going to be nice at all at the dinner table, then maybe she shouldn't eat and should go to bed. What did Reese do? She got up, went and got her blankie, marched upstairs with no dinner (at 5:30), went into Hailey's bed and went to sleep immediately. We did not hear from her until this morning!

I'm thinking she may have been a bit tired at school yesterday....

I have a feeling that there's going to be a few more of those notes with her over the years. We will find a way to take that energetic spirit and turn it into a well behaved energetic spirit. It just might take 18 years or so :).
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations