Monday, October 4, 2010

Granni and Dan

I have been meaning to sit and post for quite some time, but I have been outside in this fabulous fall weather we've been blessed to have for the past few weeks. The girls and I have done lots of bike riding and side walk chalking. The other reason I haven't posted is because we've been busy....we've had company in town a few weekends the past month and a half....and it was mainly Granni and Dan!!!

Granni and Dan have been so incredibly nice that they have been up here three times in the past month and a half. And why have they come? Well, to spend time with the girlies and hang out! And, they've been so generous to give Trey and I some nights out together. And these outings have saved my sanity and allowed me to be a much more patient and better mom. To say that my girls LOVE seeing them is an understatement. They all get fired up because they have so much fun just spending time with them. In fact, Hailey had a grandparent luncheon on a Friday and her Granni and Dan made a special trip to surprise her at school. And surprised she was! In fact, Hailey told me the other week, "You know what mom? Dan says that if I ever want my Granni to come and see me, I just have to ask and she will be here!" It's true, they've been here for so much, especially being so far away. Hailey truly believes that they were created to be here for her whenever she wants....and they have been. We are so thankful for them and appreciative. Here are some pictures we were able to capture of some of the fun they've been having!

Granni, Hailey and Dan at Hailey's Grandparent Luncheon
Hailey and Granni having a tea party! Granni had given Hailey a nice tea set a while back and they've done a great job putting it to use!
Landry, Granni and Reese watching Toy Story 2 together.
They even took the girls to the Heard Museum where they're having an exhibit on butterflies!
And one thing is guaranteed within 5 minutes of their arrival each time. One of my children will look at them and beg to go to Chuck E Cheese. In fact, they don't ever ask Trey or me because as Hailey once told Reese, "Reeeeese! Don't ask Mom to go to Chuck E Cheese. Ask Granni and Dan! They're the ones who will take us!" Here's Dan and Landry taking a breather from the action.
Granni, Landry and Reese ski balling it up!
They were even here for the weekend before my birthday. Trey was out of town. I came home to a suprise party!!! There was cake, presents, balloons, blowers, flowers.....what more can a mom ask for?
Of course, before we actually served the cake, Reese and Landry decided to make sure the frosting wasn't poisonous. :)
Thank you so much Granni and Dan. We love you and are very thankful for you!

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations