Trey and I are both so proud of Hailey. She decided she was over the training wheels. So, yesterday they came off. She took lots of falls, but two, in particular, were pretty hard. One left a big bump on her head (because her mother forgot to put her helmet on....how did I do that? I always am the enforcer!) and the other occurred when she went face first into the curb and got a scraped and swollen nose. My heart broke. She was trying so hard, but she got pretty banged up. Today, she came home from school and insisted on trying again with no training wheels. She may be little, but she's one tough cookie!! I am constantly reminded not to underestimate her. So, we practiced all afternoon. By the time Trey came home and we had dinner, it all clicked. She was grinning from ear to ear and said that she was proud of herself as she rode in circles. It was such a great feeling to see her confidence soar. Love this girl.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
WoW!!! She's a star. that's my granddaughter...I'm sooooo proud!! Way to go, girl!!
How exciting.........I remember when her Dad was learning. Certainly she has the same attitude of wanting to do it by herself. Way to go Hales. Love to all. Opa and Mimi
Post a Comment