We have something to celebrate this month!! Trey and I celebrated 10 years of marriage! Wooohooo!! His mom asked to come up on the weekend of our anniversary to give us a break, so we got a night off. Of course, if you would've asked me 10 years ago what I would be doing on our day off to celebrate, I'm sure I wouldn't have said that I was so glad it started off with a three hour nap!
Oh, how times have changed. Ten years ago, when we thought we were "busy", we weren't. When we thought we knew what stress was, we didn't. When we seemed to know lots of answers to everything, well, we've lost some intelligence because the older we get, the less we know. But ten years later, life is so much sweeter than we could have ever imagined. We have been given the blessing of three little healthy girls to raise. We still thoroughly enjoy spending time together (even without kids too!), we laugh at each other, joke around together, lean on one another, and tell each other every single day that we love each other very much and that we are blessed to be best friends.....and he always tells me he thinks I'm beautiful. I love that about him because when I'm in the midst of laundry, cooking, and cleaning...beautiful isn't a word that I would use to describe myself. Even though marriage and life may not always be easy, it is absolutely a direct gift from God and we never forget that.
This is one of my favorite pictures of us. It was taken when we first started dating.

Ten down and we pray that we've got many, many, many more decades to go together!!!









2 comments:
Congratulations on TEN years! But you know, I couldn't tell that picture was from when you started dating versus now.
I love your blog. Can't believe I just now started reading it.
Congratulations! Your marriage is such an inspiration! And just think, if it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't be married to my best friend today!
Love you both!
Post a Comment