Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Almost Cried On The Phone Today

The older I get, the more of a softie I am. It's getting to be ridiculous.

I got a call from Hailey's kindergarten teacher today. Hailey had told me that I needed to go up to her school soon because she was going to be a part of her school's weekly assembly and that her teacher would call me about it.

Well, I got the call. Next week, she is set to get an award. I'll write more about that after it happens and I take pictures.

However, the part of the call that almost got me was this. Her teacher said that she wanted to take a moment to tell me that Trey and I have done a wonderful job with her because she is just an incredible student in class. Not only is she excelling in her work, but she does everything the teacher asks and she is an outstanding person and the teacher thinks we should be so proud of the person she is becoming. It got to me.

I told the teacher that as much as Trey and I would like to take the credit for her, we've been blessed with a child that loves to please and is incredibly good natured. It isn't us. It's a total God thing. But even if it's a God thing, that is the highest compliment Trey and I can receive. We don't care if she is the greatest athlete or if she is the smartest student, we care about character. She works hard when asked, tries her best, and is kind to everyone around her.

A few short years ago, we battled daily to get her to eat and her body was overly sensitive to many touches and noises. I feared that she was going to struggle when it came to adapting to a school environment. I couldn't have been more wrong. She's worked hard to overcome those issues and is thriving. I am so thankful and blessed. Good work Hailes!!!

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations