Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ice Ice Baby!!

Last Sunday afternoon: 76 degrees outside and I was playing tennis, soaking up the sun.

Last Monday afternoon: After seeing many posts on facebook about a storm coming in, I decided to check the weather. I saw that ice was coming our way. I thought, "huh, can't be THAT bad, right? I was just playing tennis 24 hours ago!"

Tues 3:00AM: Wasn't sleeping due to loud pelting noises hitting the house. Huh, maybe it IS bad.

Hailey has now been out of school for THREE days and I'm pretty sure she won't go back tomorrow. The roads are clearing, but there is a lot of ice here. So much so, that after we ventured out today (two full days at home, this mama needed some gym time and the girls needed a place to run!) we weren't able to get back into our garage due to one slippery driveway. Oh and did I mention that there's been rolling blackouts?

Weather like this reminds me of a few things....I love living in normally a warm weathered place (it's fun to have a few ice days because they are RARE. Let's keep it that way Mother Nature Lady) and I am thankful we have a garage and I don't have to scrape windshields anymore!

So, what's a family to do? Well, honestly, I've enjoyed it for the most part. We've played and made up games, used the Wii, actually stayed on top of the laundry (Trey must think he's in another house to not have all wrinkled clothes sitting in a basket), cleaned closets, read books with the girls, and been a bit creative here and there.

So today, we pulled out the camera!

Hey Reesie....you're so cute. Why do you still have that binkie? Well, that's because you sleep well with it and your father and I are too tired to actually take it away from you. Plus, we know you, you'll start chewing on random things!
The "almost" two year old!!
Favorite item of the ice days....cardboard boxes. Favorite game....balloon tennis (totally made up).
Hailey put together her very own outfit. Hot pink jeggings+ Cowboys jersey+extra sparkly headband=one rocking fashionista.

They love making faces for the camera.

Stay warm!!

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations