Friday, June 3, 2011

You Go Girl

We've started potty training Landry. With Hailey, I decided I was going to focus all my time and energy on making her learn as quickly as possible. It turned out to be pretty miserable at times for the both of us. The great thing about being the first born is that you get some quality one-on-one time with Mom and Dad. The bad part is that you're the baby that gets to experience all of your mother's mistakes too. However, she did make sure to stay fashionable during her learning experience.
With Reese, I took a more laid back approach. Let's sit out the potty and we'll gradually shift over to it. And, while waiting on that urge, why not play some games on the iphone. SUCCESS!
Until we couldn't understand where the #2's were going because she's a secretive girl and wanted to be left alone. We caught her one day though! It's still one of our most favorite pictures. Hey, if it worked going that way in a diaper, why change? I would like to report that she does, indeed, turn around and sit like a civilized human now.

With Landry, we pulled out the potty a few weeks ago to begin the laid back approach again. Well, on Monday, I just let her run around naked while encouraging her to go (and while I was folding LOADS and LOADS of laundry in the bedroom). Wouldn't you know after three juice boxes, she had gone 4 times! I thought, "this is SO easy! She'll be trained by 5 o'clock!" Then, I walked into the family room and realized she had gone four times on the carpet too. Back to square one! But today, she came and told me to look at something. And I found that she had decided to go all by herself on her potty. The girl just needed some privacy and space! So, we're not completely there yet, but we are well on our way! GOOOOO Landry! And, let's be honest, the thought of getting candy is quite the motivating factor for my girl!

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations