Monday, August 6, 2012

EIGHT!!!???

Not gonna lie, Hailey's birthday makes me sentimental. Looking back, we had no idea what we were getting into with parenthood. In fact, Trey and I had dreamed of our kids together. We assumed they'd be boys (since, you know, I've never been accused of being really girly) and that they'd be rough and tough. God is so good. Thankfully He ignored our thoughts.

She's definitely not rough and she makes up for her mother's lack of girliness. I'm pretty sure that when she becomes an adult I'm just gonna let her be my stylist. More than that though, she's so kind. So gentle. So innocent. So genuine. So full of life. Just like when she was a baby, she still burps when she laughs hard and it is impossible not to crack up when she goes into her open mouthed, body shaking fits of laughter.

I.Love.This.Child.

And I think she has taught me just as much as I've hopefully taught her. She received an award at camp for Most Respectful in her cabin. She finds the good in people and rarely complains. She makes August 7th such an awesome day to celebrate.

Happy birthday Hailey Beth!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations