We had the opportunity to go to Camp Ozark as a family over Labor Day Weekend. The owner of camp, Sam Torn, married Trey and I almost 12 years ago. As I've written before, camp holds an incredibly special place in this family's heart. Trey and I met, fell in love, got engaged, matured, formed so many friendships and had the opportunity to spend time with countless amounts of kids and show and talk to them about how much God loves them and wants to be apart of their lives.
So we were so blessed to be able to return this past weekend to celebrate the wedding of Sam's daughter and our friend, Angela to a wonderful man named Stephan. We participated in tribal competition (aka middle aged people attempting to compete in team handball as if we were still 20), ate TONS of yummy food, were able to worship together, had large amounts of free time with the family....Reese spent it going down water slides and sprinting to the top only to do it again and again and again, catching up with old friends, partying it up at Western Night (again Reese found out there was pig chasing....she was in hog heaven...pun intended), and laughing....and laughing some more and more and more.
And then on Sunday night, the kids headed off to play with counselors while all the adults attended the wedding. I love weddings. I always have. Not only is it a time to celebrate and rejoice in the vows that two people make, but it always reminds me of the commitment Trey and I made to each other almost 12 years ago. I had no idea how much more deeply I would grow to love him over the years because of our covenant with God.
This particular ceremony was so heartfelt, so Christ-centered, and incredibly beautiful. Just like he did for us, Sam shared his words of wisdom, but this time it was for his daughter and her soon-to-be husband. Watching a father tell his daughter that he loves her publicly touches my soul. I've got a husband who has three precious little daughters that he cherishes and is incredibly protective over. I cannot imagine the day that we give them away to be married, but when we do, I hope we get the chance to look at each other, like Sam did to his wife, and know that we have made a lifetime of memories, that we have tried our best day in and day out to teach and show them God's love, and that we have prepared them to do the same with their spouse.
And I can't forget to mention the reception. It was joyous and ah-ma-zing. Friends, laughter, food, cracking-up, dancing, singing, catching up, retelling of sweet memories, laughter, and celebrating love, marriage, commitment and friendship in one of the most beautiful settings.
A perfect weekend. My voice is still hoarse by the way from all the talking and reception singing! I forgot to take pictures because I was so busy, so here are a few from Trey's phone and others I stole!
Hailey on the wild bull at Western Night!



Trey blobbing one of his good buddies.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone











No comments:
Post a Comment