Upstairs. Jake has ALWAYS slept with me (and Trey...but Trey just lets him stay in our room because he knows how I love the dog). Lately Hailey has been scared at night. So, I tried letting her sleep with Reese...that lasted 5 minutes, and that was 4 minutes too long. So, I asked her if she'd want Jake to stay with her and she thought that sounded great. I didn't know if he'd want to...he did. I didn't know if he'd stay with her or come back to me after a few minutes....he stayed. She pets him and talks to him when I leave. Jake probably knows more about princesses than he knew was possible. I wouldn't be surprised if she were fixing his hair right now. I love that my kids love him. And no, it doesn't bother me one bit that he's on her bed...because she hasn't come looking for us in the middle of the night since he moved upstairs. Although, I do miss him a bit :).

-- Post From My iPhone
2 comments:
That's the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time! I've loved that dog since the first day he chewed on my ponytail! :)
Things do not always remain the same. you are experiencing "change that you can believe in"; Jake is moving on to protect the entire family. What a great dog!! He'll move "down the line" as your children age. Great photo!!
Post a Comment