"Dad, this world is not all about you......it's about God!"
It was one of those moments where we were going to tell her that we were having our own conversation and to politely mind her own business.....but really, if you're going to interrupt and make no sense.....that's the way to do it.....I felt a little proud and hopefully we're getting through to her about who this world is REALLY about!
In other Hailey news.....we've had multiple conversations about....marriage....lately. Here are some excerpts:
Hailey: Mom, I just love your wedding ring. It's so pretty. Do you think they make those in sizes that fit kids' fingers?
Me: (laughing through words) NO! You can't have a wedding ring unless you're going to get married.
Hailey: How big do I have to be to get married? Like, when will it be?
Me: You have to be an adult before you meet the person you're going to marry.
Hailey: Well, I already know who I'm going to marry someday!
Me: You do, who's that? (highly interested)
Hailey: ROO BEAR! (Reese's nickname) I'm going to marry HER someday!
Me: Well....that sounds great Hailey!
Hailey: Mom, when are you going to have your next wedding? I want to come.
Me: Well....I've already had my wedding. I married Daddy.
Hailey: Well, I want you to have your next wedding so I can come.
Me: Do you want me to marry someone other than Daddy?
Hailey: NOOOOO!
Me: Well then....you missed the wedding. And good thing too Hailey because I'm not marrying anyone else other than your daddy because I love him very much. And, you weren't supposed to be at my wedding to Daddy (didn't go into details on THAT topic...).
Love the mind of a five year old!









No comments:
Post a Comment