Sunday, December 6, 2009

We Got A Little Crazy!


We had a jam-packed-but-in-the-good-way weekend! I decided last week that we needed to try something out of the ordinary with the family and hopefully start a new tradition with our girls. So, we went on an overnight trip to the Gaylord Texan. They have the most beautiful Christmas decorations this time of year, PLUS they were putting on ICE! again this year and I've always wanted to go and see it, PLUS Santa and Ms. Claus were there, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS...it was complete entertainment in a building.
ICE! is a production where 40 artisans from China come and put together a show using over 2 million pounds of ice. The theme this year was "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" You walk through and view all the ice (literally) and they even have ice slides at the end you can ride. They provide big coats since it's only 9 degrees. It reminded me of what winter is actually like.....and how much I love Texas weather in the winter :). I'm really glad we did it. Even Landry loved it, she just kept bending her head backwards to try and catch the snow (oh, there's snow!) in her mouth while laughing.

And we all slept together in the same hotel room. It's funny how doing something just a little different added so much excitement for Hailey and Reese. They kept debating over who was going to sleep with whom. In the end, I moved back into bed with Trey after they all fell asleep. A queen bed just doesn't fit (in order from left to right) Reese, Mommy, Ballerina Bear and Hailey very well.

Did I mention that Trey decided to get a nasty stomach bug 12 hours before we left? Just late enough into the weekend to where we couldn't get any refunds or transfer our tickets. I told him to stay home.....he refused. I told him I didn't want him to come in that condition....he didn't listen. He was a total trooper. And to be honest....how I was going to manage three small children in a jam packed resort and also wander through an exhibit with all of them and keep my sanity....well.....wouldn't have happened. Thank you Trey! Hope you all had a great weekend too!
They looked like little penguins!

Reese riding the slide.


3 comments:

Tracey English said...

sounds like a great time!!! :)

Laura Hodson said...

Wow, that place looks amazing! Why have I never heard of this?

Bonney said...

That looks like so much fun! The girls are so cute in their big coats!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations