Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving

My family joined us this year for Thanksgiving. It was the first time in 8 years of marriage that Trey and I haven't driven at least 5 hours somewhere to celebrate the holiday. IT WAS FABULOUS TO STAY HOME! We loved having Chip, Chris and his family and my dad. I think the little cousins had the best time together though. There was lots of running, playing, non sleeping, and laughing going on between all of them. By Sunday, Hailey and Abby were in tears over separating. I love how they look forward to being together.

Chris, Landry and PaPa watching educational and thought provoking TV.....or football.

Tracey and sweet Libby. Aunt Katie's house didn't do so well for her sleep schedule. During the day...snoozing....at night....not so much.

Uncle Chip and Landry.

The official "Kid Table" of Thanksgiving. Doesn't every family have a designated area for the children? Haven't we all been there? Don't you remember when you finally graduated from the "kid table?" I DO!!!

2 comments:

the carlson's said...

what all did you fix at thanksgiving for your house? Did you start any new traditions? Where are you heading for Christmas this year?

Katie said...

Hey Sarah! We fixed the traditional English/Ross dishes...I even used Aunt Rhonda's recipes for stuffing, turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, green bean casserole, etc. And for Christmas, we're staying HOME!!! So excited about that! Are you guys going to Kansas?

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations