And also today, Trey got busted by Hailey. When the two little girls went down for a nap, I needed to do some shopping, so Hailey came with me. She was great....as always, the girl loves to shop. She even picked out what clothes she thought I should wear. Hint, most were purplely with flowers because that's what she loves! However, she said she was really hungry and needed something to eat or drink. So, when we finished, I stopped and got her a chocolate milkshake. If you know Hailey, then you'd know that it takes her FOREVER to finish any type of food. So, when she got home, she had only had about half of it. She set it down on the counter and went to another room for a few minutes. When she came back, she said:
H: Where's my milkshake?
Me: Where'd you put it?
H: Right here and it's gone.
Trey: Ohhhhhh....your milkshake is gone Hailey.
H: *Immediately starts crying....she's tired, so it's the loud, dramatic cry, not the "my feelings are hurt" cry*
Me: What happened?
H: DADDY DRANK MY MILKSHAKE!!!!
Trey: Nuh-uh....it wasn't just me, Reese drank it too!!!
And that's when I started cracking up. Trey....was....busted. No worries, Hailey and I had made chocolate cake and when I reminded her that we still had some, the tears immediately dried up and she was one happy girl again because as she told me yesterday, "You know what Mom, we make the BEST cakes together." Yes we do Hailey and someday, you'll be able to read the directions on the cake box mix and realize why it is so easy :).









No comments:
Post a Comment