Friday, May 14, 2010

The Happenings

Not much to report here, just a house of growing girls!

Landry is officially walking!! She has been since 14 months. Up until 14 months, she was the master army crawler. She drug that belly on the ground all over this house (too bad I didn't think about putting a Swiffer sheet on her stomach....could have gotten some extra cleaning done). She still likes to use her baby walker because she can basically run when using it without falling over. It's pretty funny because she will pick it up and swing it in the direction she wants to walk and then she'll find a target (ie. her sisters) and ram it into them and start cracking up. She's also highly intrigued with the cabinets, or really, what's inside our cabinets. A few months ago I organized all of them.....I should have known better. Her favorite person is Hailey, no question. She thinks she's the funniest thing ever. If H is sitting still, she will squeal loudly and run into her (she thinks she's tickling her) and Hailey will go right along with it.
Reese is just as enthusiastic as ever. Last week, her preschool teachers sent home her 2 year old progress report. I am happy to announce that she basically got all G's (for good). It included things like fine motor skills--puzzles, painting, drawing a circle, etc, gross motor skills--walking, jumping, hopping, etc. She did, however, receive two W's (meaning "working on" a particular skill). Those would be for: 1. Accepting and responding to my teacher's authority. 2. Learning to control my feelings. UMMMM....HELLO MINI TREY! Trey and I both got a good laugh out of that one. It's true, she's either all in or all out and will let you know her view many times over :). Love her for that!
And Hailey is getting ready to graduate from her Transitional Kindergarten class next week. She's ready. I am not. She moved up in her gymnastics program to a new level and is very excited about it. And, we finish up her 2nd soccer season this weekend and she's really gotten the hang of it. Oh....she also has been helping me clean lately. Like last night, when we were putting the girls to bed and she was taking FOREVER. Trey went to find her (she had been brushing her teeth) and discovered that our bathroom sinks were spotless. After we praised her and thanked her for the task, she said, "you're welcome. I just used my toothbrush all over the sink and it got really clean!" Needless to say, Hailey just got a new toothbrush :).

We are looking forward to summer around here! Hailey and Reese talk about swimming non-stop, so it should be lots of fun!

3 comments:

PaPa said...

Things are going well...that's good!!

Tracey English said...

Such cute, cute girlies!!! We can't wait to see you guys!

Eraina said...

I LOVED this update. I feel like I just saw them :). That Landry is a doll!!!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations