Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lost Pines

School is about to start (again, still not discussing this because I'm in denial even though Meet the Teacher night is tonight), so we decided to take off for one last weekend away! We were finally able to coordinate our schedule with Edu, Marcia and their kids to get together again. And, we even got PaPa to join in! We went to a resort near Austin called Lost Pines.

We soon discovered we were really roughing it there. I mean, the girls had to have picnics rather than sit down meals. Oh how they loved eating together on the floor!
And, since we didn't drive anywhere, the girls had to try out ponies for transportation (or for fun).
Note: Reese is in love with Strawberry, her pony. And Hailey got along quite well with Yeller (as in, Old Yeller).
Marina, Edu and Marcia with her pony. I love this picture of the three of them! I cannot, for the life of me, remember her pony's name. I should call Marina and ask her because after being a little nervous to ride, she soon discovered that she and ponies are a good fit.
And, here's Lucca....he's now a year old and he is ADORABLE. He's especially wonderful because every time I would make eye contact with him, he'd smile at me and kick his legs...highly intelligent child I'm telling you.

PaPa and his ladies. PaPa had to work hard at keeping up with Reese in the water and to help Hailey color.

Daddy and Landry had some QT together.

And my favorite picture is this one. The resort had a lazy river. It...was...fantabulous (for lack of a better word). We finally found an activity which allowed Trey and I to relax while the kids got to burn up energy. How? Well, Reese refused to get in a tube, so we put floaties on her and she spent many hours trying to swim upstream while we floated along side her (when PaPa wasn't chasing her during the times she tried to swim super fast by swimming over to the jets that would accelerate her speed as she screamed, "WEEEEEE"). Plus, they had a large slide that they all loved going up and down (repeat infinite times with the "up and down"). The girls were exhausted at the end of each day and had the best time. Oh, and Hailey's pose in the picture. This was her exact pose for the weekend as she went around and around the lazy river. She said she was trying to relax....and I don't blame her. It's tough being 6.

The kids also enjoyed making Smores at night, watching a movie out on the lawn, riding bikes, and getting their faces painted. We hope to go back sometime soon!

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations