We have been through much this year, including experiencing many blessings and ups within our family, but we have also been tested.
As we start the new year, we will begin it without our Jake. That's tough stuff and going to take time to adjust.
Trey will also start a new job next week. We absolutely and completely did not foresee nor plan for this move, but know it is right for our family.
We had our Hailey start kindergarten this year. And for as much as I dreaded it, it has been wonderful for her and she's thriving.
But mainly, the change has taken place within ourselves. Trey and I both feel like we have grown as people....as real life adults. One thing I know for sure, I had waaaaaaay more things figured out at 23 than I do at 33. And when I told a trusted friend that this year, she responded by saying, "that's what I call MATURITY." We've experienced separate lessons that we will both apply for the rest of our lives....some tough lessons, but ones which have made us both more compassionate and have given us a vision for where we want to be heading. It seems like we have spent hours upon hours talking about all of these growths together.
And though we have had some tough times, we are proud to say that we made it through them together. Prayer has become so important to us. Our faith in God has grown. And we truly feel blessed to have each other, as best friends, and to have our three precious girls. We do not take this for granted.
Here's looking forward the blessings of 2011 and the great year that I certainly hope it's going to be :).









1 comment:
Which job did Trey take?
Post a Comment