Wednesday, December 1, 2010

In The World According To....

Landry:
1. She has two favorite phrases she says over and over again each day. They both are said at the most random times like when we're in the car and it's quiet or when she's just passing by in a room. And....when she says them, she says them VERY LOUDLY. Hysterical. The first one is, "IIIIIIIIIIIIII LOVE YOU!" The phrase drags out for a few seconds and then she starts repeating it as quickly as she can over and over while shaking her head from side to side, "I love lou, I love lou, I love lou!" The second fave is plain and simple, "Yeeeeeeeeeeee Haw!" She lets it out and then is done saying anything. We all laugh every time.

2. She thinks that hiding is awesome. However, her mother does not find this fun when we are in clothing stores because she gets in the racks of clothes. Oh....the other part of the hiding game is this.....she stands perfectly still and won't make a noise no matter how many times you call her name or how frantic you sound. And when you do find her, she starts cracking up. Here she is behind our bed. If she isn't there, she's under the study desk, or in a special hiding spot behind Trey's hanging clothes in the closet or under our computer desk.
3. She has one of the most genuinely happy spirits ever. I adore her.....and she knows it.

Reese

1. She thinks Christmas is the best thing ever. She loves the lights outside and she loved decorating our tree so much that each day she takes ornaments off of it, just so she can keep redecorating it. However, when she saw Santa at the mall while passing by, she was terrified. Wants nothing to do with the big man.

2. Her preschool teachers think she is hilarious (when she's not disagreeing and being stubborn that is). It's true. She's got a great sense of humor and enjoys making us laugh. For being our wild and crazy one, it's funny, she's also very sensitive and sweet. She loves to say, "Mommy, I'm sorry." I always ask her why she's sorry and tell her that she didn't do anything and she says, "Ok, but I'm just sorry Mom, ok?" And I always end it with, "Ok, Reese, thanks." And then, again, I laugh.

3. And, she is working on putting her coat on the right way still. I'm cutting her a break, we live in Texas....how often does she really practice?
Hailey
We had an interesting conversation yesterday. She's our contemplative one. She likes to think things over, doesn't like to make decisions on the spot (helloooooo Katie gene). Same goes with school and religious topics, she learns about something and then mulls it over and wants to talk about it here and there. Last weekend, she wanted to know who God's mommy was....she came up to me while I was making dinner and the question popped out. We were able to talk it over together while I cooked.....so fun. Anyways, back to yesterday:

Hailey: Mom, you know what, there's NO WAY that we can count exactly how many people are on this earth.
Me: You're right. We can just estimate.
H: Yeah....I bet there's like a MILLION (eyes wide open) people on this earth.
Me: Actually there's a lot more than that. There's over a million people that live in Dallas and right around us.
H: (under her breath, head looking down) Whoooooooa. Mom, once you count to a million, you're done?
Me: Nope. What comes next?
H: A million and one?
Me: Yep. See you can count that high.
H: Yeah.....well, what happens once you get to a Million and 99?
Me. Well, then you're at one million, one hundred (geez...I hope that's right).
H: You know what. I'm not going to be able to count to a million until I'm an adult. I just know it. Right now, I'm good at counting to 100, that's it.

five minutes later after Hailey sitting and thinking quietly:

H: Mom, I've been thinking.....since Santa is so nice to come and leave us presents, we should give him something. Let's leave him MONEY this year. I bet that would make him feel good.
Me: Well, actually since Santa has to go to so many houses on Christmas Eve, he gets really hungry and so we leave him cookies for a snack. Will that work instead?
H: YES! We're going to make him chocolate chip cookies AND milk because EVERYONE loves that!

*May all of our conversations have easy answers like this.*

2. Hailey loves watching our family videos. She starts laughing so hard that she burps. She's always done that when she cracks up and still does. Big old jolly laugh and burps.

3. She told us that she's really good at three things.....art, dancing and singing. And, you know what.....she knows herself pretty well because I'd say those were her strengths if I had to describe her!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

The Hodges said...

I love this post. Makes me miss the girls so much. :(
Give them all a big hug from me and tell them that I miss them!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations