Saturday, November 19, 2011

Attention: Tooth Fairy

Have you ever had a day where you FINALLY get to do some sprucing up around the house? You decide to head to the hardware store to purchase new flood lights, cleaners, etc and you think, "what a nice day with the family....FINALLY!" You warn your children before going into the store that you expect appropriate behavior and they look at you and agree. And then, once you've been in the store for 10 minutes, you hear the smack of one of your kids tripping (on their own feet) and falling face first into the concrete floor, while you were looking at lightbulbs. Anyone? Anyone?

Yep. Reese. She tried to dance standing still. I don't really blame her for the accident. She has my dancing genes...they aren't very graceful ones. Trey immediately went and scooped her up and I saw the huge chunk of skin hanging from her lip. When I went over to Trey, who was cradling Reese, he calmly looked at me and said, "would you mind going and picking up her tooth which is on the floor behind us." WHAAAAA? Now, we know this isn't uncommon. We know that mouth injuries bleed....a lot. However, after 15 minutes when she was still gushing blood and I finally looked in her mouth and saw a looong, deep split all the way up her inner lip, as in almost through the lip, we called her dentist, who sent us to the hospital. Turns out she's got a lot of pain, butsince the split is completely straight and she successfully knocked all of the tooth out in one fall (we think), we just have to wait and see the dentist next week (which...by the way, we just saw last Monday). So our Poor Reese has a very sore and very fat lip for now. And, every 5 minutes, she walks up to someone in the house and says, "hey, I lost my toof." And, the first thing she said to Trey after her fall was, "Daddy, since it's gone....you think the Toof Fairy will come to see me?"

And to top it off, Hailey walked up to us when we got home and said, "hey look! I just pulled another tooth out!" Apparently, Hailey's tooth had sympathy for Reese's.

Is it bad that I'm thankful I had family pictures taken a month ago?

1 comment:

Laura Hodson said...

Poor Reese :( Good thing she's a tough cookie! I hear the tooth fairy pays double for injury-related tooth loss.

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations