This past weekend though, we finally had a weekend at home with just us and the girls. It....was....fabulous. The girls played together all weekend with just their sisters, Trey and I got to hang out together and talk.....ahhhhh.....so well needed.
However, the busy schedule continues for a while more. Today, my Aunt Rhonda rolls into town. She's coming because I'm going on my first mission trip this week. I'm off to Guatemala. I could go into detail about how it all came about, but I'm on a time crunch to go and meet Hailey for a field trip, so I'll save that for later! Basically, I have felt very called to go and serve. This opportunity arose and I had asked Trey's Aunt Becky if she could help me out with the girls for a few days while I was gone. She said, "yes!" with no hesitation. Then, I told my Aunt Rhonda about the trip and she volunteered to come down and help out. I feel so blessed to have family that is so helpful and loving to us.
I am taking this from one of my dear friend's blogs, who is also going on the trip. She wrote it so well that I decided to steal it from her (thanks Annie!).
"We are going to go serve with an amazing organization called Potters House. Here is an excerpt from their website: "In the heart of Guatemala City is the largest dump in Latin America. More than 11,000 people live and work in and near the dump, and nearly 6,500 of them are children. Even by other Guatemalans, they are treated as little better than the garbage that shapes their existence, which in turn leads them to believe that they are the refuse of the world. Potter's House Association is a Christian non-profit organization that exists to change the living situation for these thousands, because they are human beings, beloved children of the one true God, worthy of respect and dignity. They are Treasures of immeasurable worth, both to our Lord Jesus Christ and to us."
Some of us will be working on building houses, some will be doing medical work and we will be out connecting with people. I have spent much time praying about this and for this trip. On a personal note, it's always tough to leave my nest and babies and Trey behind. However, we aren't put on this Earth to be comfortable. We are called to serve. I have been praying that God may be glorified on this trip and that His love will be felt. There will be a website that will be updated daily about our trip. I will put up the link to it if any of you would like to follow along. If you would join in praying for this trip and the people of Guatemala this week, I would be so appreciative. I leave Wednesday.









3 comments:
Thank you for doing this Katie. You constantly inspire me. My prayers are you, your group and the people of Guatemala.
Katie, have a wonderful, safe and blessed trip to Guatemala! Will be praying for you and your crew!
Dear Katie-- I pray for you everyday and admire the heck out of you for taking the initiative to do this. I'm sure you will have everybody laughing and having a great time while doing something so special! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Post a Comment