Thursday, November 13, 2008

Don't Mess With My Sister

You know how there are times when you look for the positive in situations? Well, my children are sharing with each other and with me.....a nasty cold that is. Hailey went down first, then Reese, and now me. Trey is on the look out for it.

Anyways, Reesie got so bad that Trey and I wanted to make sure she didn't have strep or an ear infection, so off to the doctor we went. I picked up Hailey from school and told her that we had to go see the doctor FOR REESE. I made sure to emphasize that part because if you read an earlier post, you'll see how much Hailey hates the doctor. When I told her, she immediately widened her eyes and asked with great concern, "is she going to get shots?" I told her that I didn't think so, but I wasn't sure. There begins a long 3 minute car ride filled with questions about shots and about how she was DEFINITELY not going to get them.

Into the pediatricians office we went, Hailey clinging close to me. Hailey let the doctor know that we were there for her sister....thanks Hailes. And then, when the doctor started listening to Reese's heartbeat and checking her ears and Reese started squirming, Hailey burst out, "SHE DOESN'T LIKE WHAT YOU'RE DOING! SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO TOUCH HER ANYMORE! SHE DOESN'T WANT A SHOT!" As much as this didn't help the situation, I secretly love that she didn't want anyone messing with Reese. And as for Reese, she's doing a bit better today with some meds and without getting a shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Classic story that should NEVER be lost!! It should be told at either Hailey or Reese's wedding!!!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations