Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Past Week in Review

WE MADE IT!! We still have plenty of boxes around, but after a full weekend of work and moving, we are in our house and loving life! It's been such a crazy time that I'm going to show a week of stuff in one posting.

First up, Halloween and a few pictures of Cinderella and the pumpkin to enjoy. We went to downtown to trick-or-treat with the locally owned businesses, but that didn't last long because it was packed. So, we hit up a few neighborhoods around the community and saw some friends.

Next, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREY!!! My friend, Jody, babysat for us and we went out to dinner and took care of some house stuff. How romantic, right? Actually, it was so nice to have a few hours to ourselves and to converse without macaroni and cheese flying over our heads or without trying to talk and color the kids' menu at the same time. Trey did get in a round of golf on his big day, making it a two thumbs up rating overall!

Next, Hailey's advice on colds. She does not believe in blowing your nose when being stuffed up, so her solution is posted below. She claims it works great this way, I tend to disagree, but I chose to not make this one into a battle.

Moving on with the week....let me just say that our girls normally get along quite well. However, with all the activities of late and the hassle of packing and moving, I think stress set in with all of us. At one point, I just sat down while they were bickering and after a few minutes, picked up the ole camera because I couldn't believe how long a fight could last over a cleaning apparatus. Do you think I can use this against them in 10 years when they "get" to help me clean?

And finally, THE MOVE! A big thank you to Granny (Nanci) for coming to town to entertain the girls during the move. We got so much accomplished with another set of hands. Plus, Hailey and Reese just LOVE spending time with their Granny.

After church today, we went out to lunch with Granny and then Hailey insisted that she wasn't tired and didn't need to nap. So, she went with her daddy to the grocery store to buy stuff for the house. Trey sent me these pics.... I think this sums up how we all feel at this point, but I must admit, I laugh everytime I look at these.


I didn't take any pictures the entire weekend, but here are a few of the new place as of this evening. I couldn't take one of the outside since it was dark by the time I sat down. We're so happy to be here and to have each other.....even through the good times, the Swiffer fights and the colds. And now, I'm off to bed!


1 comment:

the carlson's said...

Wow Katie! Your house looks very nice! You should be proud! I'm glad everything is good now that you are in and settled. It looks great!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations