Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SHE ATE BROCCOLI???

So, the girls have spent a few days with Trey's aunt and uncle, Brett and Becky. They are WONDERFUL and kept our kids on a moment's notice so that we could make a trip to Kansas. The girls both love being with them and with their kids. The running joke is that APPARENTLY Hailey eats like a horse for them and APPARENTLY the girls get along beautifully when they're with them also. Hailey even came home today wearing pants and a sweater that she kicks and screams to put on when I pick it out for her....she only wants to wear skirts and dresses with me. When I left, I joked that I'd come back and my kids would be eating green beans (they aren't big fans of green veggies). While in Kansas, I received the pictures below...they have proven their superpower childcaring abilities. I am in shock. Yes, that's Reese EATING broccoli and there's another cute pic of Reesie hanging out with Brett at his office just passing the time away.

Now, moving on to the second half of the blog. Here's my parenting abilities. Trey brought the girls home, we had dinner and then we all went out for ice cream (once again, it was for the baby, not for me). When I turned to look at my children in the back seat, this is what I found. My Reese decided to pull her arms out of her carseat, take her shirt off (the temp is in the 20's), and smear her cone all over her face. All I can say is that at least the girls were happy AND the ice cream was strawberry, so they had fruit. Would anyone like me to watch their kids anytime soon?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though your children continued to "grow" while you were gone, I thank you both for coming to Kansas to see Janet. She REALLY enjoyed the surprize. Katie & Trey, you are a blessing to have as family. You are extremely supportive of me in this difficult period. I love you dearly.

Anonymous said...

Huh. I would have expected them to say something like "Aunt Becky, I don't eat broccoli." :) My mom still hasn't forgiven you for that.

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations