Basically we had three full days of....nothing really important. We slept in, I went to the spa to have the knots pounded out of my back, Trey played some golf, we hung out by the pool, drank some fruity cocktails (ok, I did...Trey stuck to the beer), went out to dinner at night, and got to be around lots of fun people. The weather made it even more great. I use to wonder why anyone would want to live in hurricane land....I do not question their decision anymore....85 everyday with a nice breeze....ahhhh.... Here's the scene from the hotel and my lounge chair and even Landry loved hanging out under an umbrella by the pool with me. She snoozed next to me while I read.



And Trey and I actually took a few pictures together. The last time I have a picture of just the two of us....over a year ago. You think we've been a bit busy? Oh Miami, how I miss you already.

And back to Granny. You know what made the vacation even better? Trey's mom came up and stayed with the girls while we were gone. The girls had a wonderful time. There was a trip to Build-A-Bear and to Chuckie Cheese. Granny brought a bag full of surprises with her, so the girls would get to play with a new surprise every so often. Check out one of the toys Granny brought Hailey.
And Trey and I actually took a few pictures together. The last time I have a picture of just the two of us....over a year ago. You think we've been a bit busy? Oh Miami, how I miss you already.
And back to Granny. You know what made the vacation even better? Trey's mom came up and stayed with the girls while we were gone. The girls had a wonderful time. There was a trip to Build-A-Bear and to Chuckie Cheese. Granny brought a bag full of surprises with her, so the girls would get to play with a new surprise every so often. Check out one of the toys Granny brought Hailey.
Now, if you ever read this blog, you know that our Hailey HATES bugs. She's played inside before due to the fact that they wouldn't leave her alone outside. So, Granny brought books about them and a bug kit. The kit consists of wind-up bugs, magnifying glasses-for looking at bugs, a chart-to help identify the bug, and a journal-to draw and record the bugs. Isn't this hilarious? You know what Hailey told me today? "Mom, I love bugs now. I like to go and look for them and draw pictures of them. Can you help me draw a cricket?" Cue my jaw dropping. And then, 5 minutes later....I heard a ear-ringing scream from inside the house and Hailey said, "IT'S A FLY!!! GET IT DADDY!!! I HATE BUGS!!!" Ahhhhh....some things never change.
Anyways, a big thank you to Granny. I came home to two very happy girls and a clean house with no laundry to do. Now, that's a present in itself. Just perfect.










No comments:
Post a Comment