I deserved this one today. I will tell you why in a bit. So, today Hailey had a friend over to play. They had a great time together and Hailey is now at the age where having a friend over actually makes my life easier. I cracked open the window in my bedroom, while folding laundry (which....laundry NEVER stops now, it's out of control because a cute little 3 month old constantly pukes all over herself, her blankets, ME and anything else within a foot range from her that she can nail), to listen to the girls playing outside. I love their imaginations. They were pretending that they were princesses on a ship that kept being attacked by monsters and all kinds of stuff.
Anyways, after a few hours outside, they came in and wanted to watch a movie. They chose to watch Tinkerbell and while I was loading the DVD, Hailey's friend saw a Little Einstein's DVD. She told Hailey that she doesn't watch them because "they're too babyish." I intervened and said that the Little Einsteins weren't for babies, Baby Einsteins were. And again, she told me that the Little Einsteins were "very babyish." And then it happened....Hailey, who had been in thought during this time (I'm sure she was thinking about how she really loves the Little Einsteins, but she definitely doesn't do "babyish" things anymore) spoke her opinion. The tide has turned....the mother that could never be wrong apparently lost her first battle because Hailey turned to me and said, "yea Mom, SHE'S right. Einstein's ARE babyish and I'm going to give all my Einstein DVD's away." Bye-bye Einsteins. However, we won't be giving away those DVD's just yet since we've got two more girls who still believe that their mother is always right!
And, you know why I deserved that today? It goes back to a famous family story that includes me being about 5 years old and eating at my Aunt Rhonda and Uncle David's house with my younger cousins Allie, Laura and Mitch (wait....was he even born then? You know you're getting old when you can't remember if someone was even born yet...anyways...). On the menu was broccoli and apparently my cousins loved eating the vegetable up until I spoke up and so famously said, "Aunt Rhonda, I don't eat broccoli." My cousins then put their broccoli down, looked at it funny and didn't like it from that day forward. I never realized how it isn't fun to be trumped by a preschool aged person. Aunt Rhonda, I am so sorry.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment