SO, last Friday afternoon, I put Reese down in her crib for her usual nap. Then, I got Landry to fall asleep and even Hailey to drift off next to me in the bedroom, so I momentarily thought I was actually going to get to lay down and take a snooze. Then, my eyes popped open because from upstairs I heard a big thud. I thought to myself, "no way is that Reese." Eyes closed again and I started going to dreamy land until I heard footsteps on the stairs followed by, "Hi Mommy!!!" Yep, it was Reese and yep, she jumped out of her crib. I mean, she's still ONE (not for long I realize). So I put her back up in her crib and then watched through a crack in the door and I'll be darned if she didn't start climbing it again. The next morning, bright and early at 6:30am, Trey and I awoke to a sweet, excited voice saying, "Hi Mommy! Hi Da Da! Wet's Eat!" She jumped AGAIN. So now, she's in a bed. I guess it's a good thing because Landry needed to move into the crib upstairs and Reese was going to have to move anyways. This means though that the last few nights Trey and I have had to police the upstairs at bedtime because my 1 year old has realized that there are no bars holding her in anymore and the playroom is right outside her door. Don't worry though, Hailey likes to report on Reese. Hailey has an easy time reporting because they keep meeting up in the playroom when they're both sneaking out of their beds after we put them down :).
And finally, she's starting to like it when I put a "sprout" in her hair. It has taken almost two years, but I'm thinking by the end of the summer, maybe a clip will stay in?









3 comments:
I still love her...she's my adventurer. I'll take care of her in Branson. My treat!! T'ain't no walls (crib sides) that can stop her now!!
Allie started getting out of her crib when she was still one. So we put her in a big bed and put a child proof lock on the inside of her door and locked her in. I think she was still too little to do the stairs by herself so we had to lock her in!
Can't believe she's getting so big!
Awwwww. She finally can put her hair up!
Post a Comment