Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Big Day

Big changes around this house today!!! First off, Trey and I will actually be using a babysitter mid-week (WHAAAAT? The kids will be confused no doubt) because we're off to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary! And, we're off to celebrate Trey's first day at his NEW job!

Nine years? How can it be? It's gone by so fast. So very, very, very fast. I loved that boy from soon after meeting him and the spark has never faded. We've made it through the joys and trials of life.....together. We've both grown and grown up along the way...and are continuing to do so. But three little girls later....I knew when we got married that it was the best decision....I didn't know what a gift it was though....to be able to parent these wonderful little ones together. Even on the toughest of days, I know that it will end and there will be a few minutes of peace and quiet....together. And so, our journey continues and I look forward to going through all of it....together.

And also on this day, Trey started a new job! He was presented with an opportunity that he felt he couldn't pass up. Leaving his old job was tough because he thoroughly enjoyed the people he worked with, but he has an opportunity with a new company that's right up his alley. Plus, there are some added bonuses....like instead of driving 36 miles and having a monster commute in ridiculous traffic everyday, the new job is MUCH closer to home. No more calling at 5:00 that he's out the door and arriving at 6:15. No more 12 hour work days due to the drive. No more outrageous gas bills and tollway use. I could go on, but the cutting out the commute is so good, that I will stop there! Congrats Trey!

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations