Monday, January 25, 2010

Can Someone Please Explain

Why I can't get my children to hang up their coats in the closet OR put their shoes in the proper place, yet they manage to neatly hang up and save ratty napkins that need to be chunked? {Sigh}

In other Smith girl news today:
1. I caught Hailey putting her feet into Landry's mouth....and Landry thought it was great.
2. Landry decided to fool me by making me believe she was eating bites of turkey until I saw Jake walking around with turkey that had been thrown on his back (he lays under her highchair to "support" her during meals).
3. Landry is now saying "whaaasdat?" (aka "what's that"). I am still patiently waiting for the simple two syllable word of "mama." {sigh....again}
4. Hailey has decided that when she's an adult, she's going to move downstairs and sleep in my and Trey's room....with us....because our room is not scary like hers.
5. And Reese has mastered the princess dance (aka putting on her Snow White costume and holding out the skirt with her fingers while dancing around on her tiptoes). Now if we could get her to fix her hair like a princess, rather than the day-to-day do. This consists of me putting her hair up in a band with a clip, her waiting until we're in the car and I'm driving (distracted), her pulling out the band and her hair standing straight up with kinks in it that cannot be fixed until we're back home again.
6. Landry thinks Hailey and Reese are absolutely hysterical right now. Listening to that girl belly laugh....priceless!
-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

the carlson's said...

I haven't been on this for so long...probably because I haven't blogged anything for about 3 months! :) But, I just wanted to say that your page is SO absolutely adorable!! Your kids are getting cuter each and every day!

Katie said...

Thank you Sarah!! I just had it changed last week, so it's rather new. Hope to get to see you guys sometime soon!!!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations