Wednesday, September 17, 2008
"No More Shots"
Well, today turned out to be quite the adventure. This was the day (long overdue) that Hailey and Reese had to go to the pediatrician for check-ups. Now, I remember my 4 year old visit to the doctor. I remember because the word at preschool was you had to go to the doctor before kindergarten and get shots in order for the school to let you in. For some reason, I didn't think it would be as traumatic for Hailey. I was wrong. By the time I left, Reese had received three shots, Hailey had four. Plus, Hailey had to have her finger pricked for a blood count. The nurse tried to talk to Hailey and convince her that pricking her finger would be easy....wrong. If my girl sees blood, she's freaking out. The best part of the visit came when both girls were screaming, and I mean inner ear ringing screaming, waiting for the nurse to come back, and Trey called on the cell phone. I let Hailey answer and she said, "DADDY, I WANT YOU TO COME HOME. COME HOME NOW. I NEED YOU TO TAKE CARE OF ME." After the shots were finally given and we were leaving with two visibly scarred children, I was carrying Hailey in one arm, Reese in the other (which looked lovely as I'm 18 weeks pregnant) and Hailey let everyone know on her way out, "MY LEGS AREN'T WORKING! I CAN'T WALK ANYMORE! I SAID NOOOO MORE SHOTS!!!!!" Here's a pic of her reinacting how she felt at the doctors office once we got home. Reese recovered quickly and Hailey decided she knew what would make her feel better...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Great pictures...great news about #3
Post a Comment