Trey and I LOVE the 4th of July. It suits both of our personalities...outdoor fun, grilling, running around, being with family and friends, and appreciating all that we have been blessed with in this life. The day reminds me that our freedom in this country is not "free."
We celebrated by having some family and friends over for a barbecue. Apparently, on the 4th of July, my stomach has no limit to what it can consume. I'll be working all the food off for the next couple of months I'm sure! We then went to our city's celebration. You can take a blanket, cooler, toys and set up on a soccer complex and just run around. We played washers, blew bubbles, played catch with footballs and frisbees and enjoyed the company of those around us. The kids (who am I kidding...and Trey and I) went home exhausted, but it was the good kind of exhausted....the kind where you played hard and laughed much. This is what life is
about.
And finally....I tried. I mean, I really, really tried to get a picture of the three girls. If you will remember on my Easter post, I was very unsuccessful then. In fact, if you're having a bad day, go back to my Easter post and click on the picture of all three girls so that it becomes blown up on the screen. I dare you not to laugh. It was awful.
So, I tried again. And just when I got them arranged together on the blanket. Landry did one of the things that she does best...all day...every day....she spit up everywhere and Hailey and Reese were immediately done with the idea of a sister picture. Maybe Labor Day Weekend we'll try again?









1 comment:
Maybe fireworks make Landry barf too...it could run in the family :)
Post a Comment