Wednesday, July 29, 2009

San Antonio Trip

We took a quick trip down to San Antonio last weekend because Trey's cousin, Sarah, got married! Granny and Dan were already quite busy when we arrived because they had come and gotten Hailey and Reese the Tuesday before the wedding so that they could spend some quality time together. THANK YOU GRANNY AND DAN!!! By the time we showed up on Saturday, the girls had already gone to the San Antonio Zoo (along with taking the train ride there), the Children's Museum, Sea World, and Chuck E Cheese. Talk about living the life! And let's be honest, this "trip" allowed this tired Mom to take a few extra naps...FABULOUS.

On Saturday night, we went to the wedding and partied at the reception! Hailey and Reese had their first experience with a Mariachi band and they loved it! It was so nice to see and visit with Trey's family.

Trey and Kyle with their Grandmother, "E"
Why keep the decorative bow on the back of the chair when you can use it as an accessory?
Granny loving on Landry.
The girl loves to dance!
Reese and Logan...two peas in pod!
And then...on Sunday, Granny and Dan volunteered to babysit ALL THREE kids so that Trey and I could have a night off. It was our first time to ever be away from Landry for a night. We got a hotel room on the Riverwalk, went out to dinner, met up with friends and we ended the night at Howl At The Moon. I'd forgotten what it's like to wake up in the morning to silence rather than cries for breakfast. Is it bad if I admit that leaving was a bit difficult?
And since Trey and I had a weekend where we were actually dressed up in our "non-get-ready-because-Landry's-going-to-puke-all-over-you-continuously" clothes, I tried to get as many pics of us as possible. Maybe too many pics....Trey started pulling this number after a while. I got the point. DANG.
And on Monday, back to Dallas we came. There were so many friends we wanted to get together with and see and it just didn't fit into the schedule. Hopefully, we'll be able to get back down there soon!

No comments:

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations