The Good-she is quite self-sufficient, she is past those fit throwing days of the two's and three's and most of the time is in a good mood, she's old enough to play games with me so we have mulitple ways to have fun at home, she's old enough to help me cook and is starting to make her own food, I could go on and on and on...
The Bad- she can carry on conversations with other people, but doesn't clarify some important parts of the conversation. EXAMPLE....she was at a friend's house playing today and the mom called and told me that Hailey told them that, "my mom likes to say bad words at least once a day." I mean, REALLY? I nursed her, I do her laundry, I play countless games of Candy Land, I TOOK HER TO DISNEY WORLD, and THIS IS WHAT SHE SAID? The best part is this....there are only two bad words Hailey knows. The first (and the biggest offender) is "stupid." And yes, I have been known to use the word while on the phone or talking to Trey....as in, "well, that's kind of stupid." I don't call people that word....but last year at school, she was taught that the word is AWFUL and that it is never to be said, so I get corrected when it slips. The other word she knows not to say, "hate." So, when I said, "I'd hate to miss our flight" last week. She immediately corrected me and told me that, "we don't HATE ANYONE, Mom!" The other part is this....if any of the other four letter words are said around her (which we DO NOT USE), she has NO IDEA that those are actually bad. And so....I'm now that mom to her friends and their parents....the mom with the potty mouth....even though I don't even have one. Well....I think this is just STUPID and I HATE it. There!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Love it - watch your mouth, Katie. For heaven sakes, KIDS are listening!
I think you are super-mom Katie!
In memorium of my original comment. ;)
Thank you Sarah....so nice. Laura, I am TOTALLY going to hold this over your head when I'm losing in an intense game of Mexican Train at the next holiday gathering....or if you and Kadon try to make a run of egg tossing at Arkalalalalalalalah.
Post a Comment