I admit, I am a person who is on Facebook. I was tagged to write 25 random things about myself on the site and I thought I'd copy it as my blog entry for the day too....since I'm sure you're all sooooooo interested :). In all honesty, I really like reading these. I may just have the hubby do it too if I can convince him, or maybe I'll fill one out for him because he's got some very interesting stuff to share.
25 Random Things About Me
1. My first car was a 1976 Datsun B-210 called the Honeybee. I didn't nickname it the Honeybee. It actually had a banner on the car that said "The Honeybee" and little honeybee stickers. It started with a screwdriver, not a key. My uncle rigged it that way after the key broke off in the ignition. I finally got rid of it when flames started shooting out the hood of the car when I was driving one day. It was a good day. My next two cars were called the Rustmobile and Deena the Dynasty. My kids will never drive brand new cars at 16, no matter what the circumstance.
2. I hate pickles and iced tea. I love sandwiches, ice cream and queso.
3. I like to bake, don't mind cooking, but have no clue how to work an outside grill. It scares me.
4. I would love to live on some farm type land someday and rescue dogs and horses. I've never owned a horse, but I think I'd love rescuing them. My husband finds this to be insane.
5. I love to play tennis and have done so since I was seven. I'm very competitive by nature. I try to tell myself that I'm not going to be competitive and that I won't care if I lose....never works.
6. I have two older brothers and I wouldn't change that for anything. They made me tough. I also think having brothers contributed to my hatred and lack of understanding of how females fight and argue....ugly and mean. However, my sister-in-law is one of my most fave people. I would never go back to a time when she wasn't in the family.
7. I have a 6 year old golden retriever, Jake, and I absolutely love the dog. He makes me happy even when I've had a really hard day.
8. I never knew how much I would love having girls. I feel so incredibly blessed to have them and I feel a huge responsibility to raise them to feel confident, to know how loving God is, and to realize that they can do anything if they put their minds to it. They have shown me one of my purpose's in life.
9. If I could, I'd be a professional college student. I was that person who enjoyed going to class and learning. Doesn't matter if it's math, science, English, Spanish... Wait, just not art or drawing. I'm awful at that. I think my brain is dysfunctional when it comes to creating art. In fact, my four year old is better at drawing pictures than I am.
10. I taught 8th grade U.S. history for three years and did NOT like that job though. I had to coach cheerleading for one year and if you know anything about me...you know that Katie and cheerleading (and cheerleading parents) do not mix.
11. I am not a risk taker. My husband is. Taking risks in life initially make me want to vomit. I have to warm up to the idea for a while.
12. I loved growing up in a small town. I wish my kids could have that experience, but I really love living where I do right now.
13. I got married at 23 and it was the best decision I've ever made. My husband is my favorite person and best friend and I never tire of him. I absolutely feel like God intended for us to be together.
14. I can't wait until our kids are a little older and we can start traveling with them. I want to take them all over the world if possible.
15. If given the option, I will go to a waterpark over an amusement park anyday.
16. I have a blog about our fam and I very much enjoy updating it and writing. I do not like scrapbooking.
17. I loved cafeteria food at school growing up. I never took my lunch. My fave days were crispito/taco day and chicken nugget/mashed potato with a roll day. There was one day I didn't like....salsbury steak day.
18. I enjoy working out. I also like to try new classes...except spinning. I am not built to be on one of those bikes for an hour.
19. My husband and I always talk about retiring to North Carolina someday. Besides the golf factor, I'm not exactly sure why. We talk about it like we've been there a million times, and we haven't.
20. Two places that I despise going....car dealerships and cell phone stores. Two places me love....spas and home decorating stores.
21. I'm a total chick when it comes to movies, TV shows and books....sappy, sappy.
22. I stopped biting my nails a month ago. I have serious doubts this will last. I admit, as gross as it is, I'm an addict. I'm really glad I don't like alcohol and drugs because I can't imagine trying to break a habit that actually sends people to rehab.
23. I lived for tetherball at recess in elementary school.
24. 2008 was the worst year of my life. It seemed like anything that could go wrong, did. The greatest tragedy was that I lost my mom to cancer. I miss her everyday. It is devastating to me that she isn't here to be with my kids as they grow up. She absolutely adored them.
25. I've had three concussions before. The first occurred at four when I was riding my bike where I wasn't supposed to be and I fell over and hit my head on a curb. The second happened when I was in the first grade and was sledding down a hill and went head first into a four-wheeler. Needless to say, my brother took me out for lessons on how to roll-off of a sled after that. Number three happened in the fifth grade...someone threw a baseball bat and my temple took the main whack of it.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
What?!? You didn't like teaching middle-schoolers? I'm shocked! Surely you liked your co-workers though!
Ah, the honeybee... those were some good times! I don't think you ever told me that it burst into flames; I would have mourned it for weeks! :)
You forgot to mention that the doors didn't lock and due to the fact that it could be started with a screwdriver, people moved it on you all the time!
Post a Comment